also - sketch the runway

Friday, October 31, 2014

'flirty red dress in a blue room' by myra anderson painter of the fashion sketch . . .



As you know, in order to improve my drawing and painting skills I have been 'painting project runway' and 'sketching project runway'.  But this week  - the challenge was to paint 'a little flirty red dress'.   I think this dress looks a little flirty.  I love the bodice!

You know, one fashionista who could have been on the judging panel was . . .






Matisse

Matisse

None other than Matisse.  He sometimes painted women with a couture look and a flirty style!
 
So, the next challenge is to paint a dress using the color palette of this beautiful Matisse painting . . .

My little dress using this yellow, orange, blue and light tangerine/pink palette is so cute that I can't wait to finish it!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful red dress!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the fab red dress. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love red and a red dress is a MUST in a girl's wardrobe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is flirty, for certain! Would be great for a date night.

    Looking forward to your Matisse palette!

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I love the flow of your flirty little red dress - and the movement you capture with the paint! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete